How we Work
Grant money and donations will be used to help indigent parents pay for the critical medical care needed to allow the children to regain their lives. Funding will be used to offset hospital and surgical fees as well as provide comprehensive multidisciplinary evaluations, dental care and accommodations and transportation for an immediate family member.
We look to physicians and medical organizations to submit candidates for funding. If you know a child in need of treatment, please fill out and submit your information on the Contact page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for funding must include:
1) Signed release of information form and application
2) Letter from MD on letterhead that includes the diagnosis, medical/dental history, history of any medical treatment.
3) Letter from the medical provider(s) on letterhead detailing all medical costs for treatment
4) Most recent tax return/W2 (NYS)
5) Letter of denial from the insurance company
The Smile Rescue Fund for Kids is a New York State organized nonprofit charitable organization comprised of board members Leon Klempner, DDS and Alex Dagun, MD, Chief of Plastic Surgery, Stony Brook Medical Center.
Organizationally, the Smile Rescue Fund for Kids has already secured legal counsel, accounting services, connections to hospitals, doctors and support staff, marketing services and electronic media willing to donate their time and services.